Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i need music...

If you know me at all you know how much i love music. It's no secret that i have nearly 22000 songs on my ipod. And when it comes to what i'll listen to, i'll be honest: i'll listen to anything at least once. Granted i might not like it and won't listen to it again, at least i'll give it a try. Thats fair, right? And when it comes down to it, yes, i do have my favorites. Top 10 bands, albums and songs, just like everyone else. The thing that sets me apart from everyone else is this: when i like an artist, i want to hear everything they've ever done. I'm obsessive, in a sense, with that. I'll go out of my way to search for as much as possible just to see if one of those missing songs could be a new favorite from them.
And thats where the point of this post comes from. I hate it when someone says they're such a huge fan of some band, when all they've ever listened to are the same 5 songs. Unless, of course, said band has only ever done 5 songs. i'll admit that i've done this at some point in my life, but i don't do it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment